Cram the Cruiser: KSP collecting food for needy | Community Spirit
Kentucky State Police kicked off their third annual ‘Cram the Cruiser’ food drive today. Food collection sites have been established at all 16 posts throughout the state including Madisonville and at the Headquarters location in Frankfort. The campaign extends through Dec. 14 and is designed to collect non-perishable food items for needy families.
The food will be distributed to local shelters, churches or other organizations serving those in need during the holiday season. Suggested donations include canned fruit and vegetables, canned meat, macaroni and cheese, cereal, peanut butter, jelly, canned soups, chili or spaghetti sauce, brownie and cake mixes, coffee, water, powdered milk and juices.
Last year KSP collected 50,931 pounds of food.
Top Hopkins-Muhlenberg County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning