Early morning meth bust in Muhlenberg County | Crime
A Drakesboro man has been arrested on methamphetamine charges. Kentucky State Police say at 12:42 a.m. Friday, troopers from the KSP Post 2 Madisonville conducted a knock and talk at a residence located at 6491 Hwy 70 East, Drakesboro. The resident, Troy D. Gardner, age 37 of Drakesboro, gave consent for the troopers to enter his residence, but not to search it.
Once inside, the troopers say they observed suspicious items in plain view which led to them obtaining a search warrant for the residence. Upon executing the search warrant, troopers located several components that are commonly used to manufacture methamphetamine, suspected methamphetamine, marijuana plants, marijuana, and drug paraphernalia. Also, troopers seized several firearms from the residence.
Gardner is charged with
1. Manufacturing Methamphetamine 1st Offense
2. Trafficking in Controlled Substance 1st Degree 1st Offense – Meth
3. Cultivating Marijuana 5 Plants or More 1st Offense
4. Possession of Marijuana
5. Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
6. Unlawful Possession of Meth Precursor 1st Offense
7. Tampering with Physical Evidence
8. Possession/Use of Radio that Sends/Receives Police Messages
Gardner was lodged in the Muhlenberg County Detention Center on $20,000 bond.