Truck flips on Pennyrile; driver hurt | News
The Kentucky State Police investigated a single-vehicle injury collision involving a tractor-trailer that occurred at the 40 mile-marker, southbound on the Pennyrile Parkway, approximately one mile south of Madisonville, on early Tuesday morning.
Troopers say a preliminary investigation shows Jeffrey L. Gardner, 54, of Evansville, was hauling roofing materials inside a 2005 Kenworth tractor-trailer southbound on the Pennyrile at around 2:35 a.m. when he swerved to avoid a deer in the roadway.
He told KSP he lost control of the semi which went off the right side of the road, struck a road sign and overturned onto its passenger side. It came to rest partially blocking the southbound lanes. Both southbound lanes were closed for approximately one hour.
Gardner was transported via ambulance to the Regional Medical Center for treatment. He was wearing a seat belt.
Top Hopkins-Muhlenberg County Stories
Upcoming Events near Hopkins-Muhlenberg County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Henderson man reports to jail, accused of taping contraband to his groin
- Traffic stop leads to arrests on several drug charges
- Henderson falls out of list of Kentucky's 10 largest cities
- Henderson man accused of causing life-threatening injuries to 7-month-old
- 2013 Handy Blues and Barbeque Festival schedule