Garbage truck flips on Greenville Road | News
A garbage truck owned by Madisonville Disposal flipped onto its top Thursday morning, sending its two occupants to the hospital.
The Hopkins County Sheriff's Office says the truck driven by 46-year-old George Allen was traveling on Highway 62 (Greenville Road) a little after 11 a.m. when it dropped off the right shoulder of the road. Allen attempted to steer it back onto the roadway but the weight of the truck apparently caused it to overturn onto its side and slide across the west bound lane of travel.
The vehicle then struck an earth embankment and overturned onto its top.
Both Allen and another worker, 44-year-old Ricky Vickery, were taken to the hospital for treatment of unknown injuries.
Highway 62 was closed for about an hour while the truck was removed from the scene by wrecker.
Top Hopkins-Muhlenberg County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rain halted district baseball game to resume today
- KY magazine partners with celebrated O'boro artist to create issue cover
- Public Meeting on KY 144 reconstruction in Daviess County scheduled for Thursday
- Owensboro artist's work on cover of Kentucky Monthly
- Seven Hills neighborhood hosting annual Yard Sale Fiesta next month